I decided that is what I was going to have for dinner tonight, but I changed it up even more with a few things I had kicking around in the fridge, making it more awesome than it was but still just as quick. This salad was exactly what I needed to help me start feeling slightly human again. I'm not quite feeling 100% but I'll get there.
Warm Chickpea Artichoke Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup warm cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 12 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of pea shoots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the chickpeas. Cook while stirring until they are nice and golden.
- Put cooked chickpeas in a medium sized mixing or serving bowl.
- In same frying pan, heat another tablespoon of oil. Add artichoke and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes and artichokes are warmed through. Add to bowl.
- Add pea shoots, quinoa, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper to bowl. Toss until mixed and pea shoots are slightly wilted.