Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cookbook Challenge. Week 2. Vcon - Banana Walnut Waffles

I have had plenty of waffles in my life, but none so good as the Banana Walnut ones from Veganomicon. Not only was this my first time eating waffles as  vegan, but it was my first time ever attempting to make them. Luckily it was a success.

I was home alone all weekend so instead of making the full recipe and stuffing my face with waffles all weekend, I halved it and only stuffed my face for a day. My bloodhound Dain definitely plaid a big part in helping me polish them off though. I followed the recipe exactly with the exception of adding a dash of cinnamon because it seemed like the right thing to do. I also only have a Belgian Waffle maker so I just poured a 1/4 of batter into the middle each time to make smaller waffles. They would have been massive had I filled the tray with batter! They came out perfectly and the larger and deeper squares compared to a regular waffle were perfect to hold little puddles of melted Earth Balance and Agave Nectar. With the thicker than average waffle, the insides cooked up perfectly. Light and fluffy with the right amount of chewiness on the outside. 


Sorry for the short post! I have a million things to do and a few other posts to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment