Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vegan MoFo -Day Two-Danged Quesadilla

I've mentioned before that I am the manager at a veg*n restaurant in the Boston area, I'd tell you the name but with all my blogging fame I would be sure to get some stalkers. Anyways, the food there is awesome and I promise I'm not just saying that because I work there.

Sometimes I eat off the menu, sometimes I create my own meal and have the cooks make it and sometimes if its slow enough I will get behind the line and make myself an awesome salad or pizza. A few weeks ago, after eating wraps for days on end, I had enough. I was all wrapped out(ha) so I asked the cook to make me something else but I couldn't figure out what I wanted. The only guidelines I ever give him are vegan(obvs) and no raw onion, This particular day he decided to make me a quesadilla. I've had some pretty awesome quesadillas in my life and while this one was pretty basic, it was out of this world! He stuffed a whole wheat tortilla with tons of Daiya, breaded soy chicken, avocado and hot sauce. Served with a side of our house salsa, it was the perfect meal to get me out of my daily wrap routine!

7 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious Liz! Yum! :) So jealous of you and your veg'n/vegetarian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drool!! So jealous that you have a vegan restaurant kitchen at your disposal! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very lucky to work there! The quesadillas sound terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude you are soooo lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, that looks reallllllly good. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of so many things about this, mostly the working and eating at a veg*n place. I'm with you on the no raw onion thing too it kills everything!

    ReplyDelete